Summer break from school is so close I can almost hear the, “Moooooom can I eat Lucky Charms for Breakfast again?” The thing is we get so busy going to camp or swimming or any other activity that its easy to fall into a rut of cold sugary cereal and get out the door fast! That’s why its great to use our same super mom abilities during the summer that we use the rest of the year.
This is my favorite go to recipe for any time of year. It’s really easy and I can substitute a variety of ingredients. This time we did Broccoli but you can easily do spinach or even a meat lovers version. I also found this great deal on a silicone muffin pan
Kid-Friendly Broccoli and Cheddar Mini Frittata Cups
6 large eggs
1/2 cup low fat or skim milk
Pinch of salt and pepper
1/2 cup washed and chopped broccoli
1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Grease a mini muffin tin.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Mix until frothy.
4. Mix in salt and pepper, then mix in broccoli and cheddar.
5. Pour mixture into mini muffin tin, until full.
6. Bake for 15-18 minutes.
7. Serve and enjoy.
Please Note: These can be refrigerated and re-heated later.